Tuesday thru Friday: 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Saturday 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Sunday thru Monday: Closed
Employment Opportunities At Tri.A.Bike
Are looking for a career in the bike industry that has been around for 150 years Do you want a job where you can learn something every day in an environment that is fun and positive?
Our mission is simple, we want to sell, rent and service bicycles with a focus on the customer, making them feel that they have been treated well, and create a fun professional work environment where employees can grow. The Coachella Valley affords a comfortable and affordable place to live with an excellent uncrowded riding environment.
Retail Sales Supervisor Position
Sales = 50%
- Actively lead all sales activities at the store including customer engagement, Daily Task List execution and sales monitoring. The supervisor is expected to take an active role in product ordering decisions.
Merchandising = 25 %
- Maintaining all aspects of the store merchandising, stocking, and housekeeping and assisting customers.
- Store Merchandising consists of but is not limited to product placement, sorting, straightening, cleaning, pricing audit, re-stocking and back stocking of product and clearance markdowns.
Rentals = 20%
- Servicing customers with rental inquiries, fitting of bikes and managing the rental fleet inventory.
Training = 5%
Play a role in the training of all employees.
- Organize, participate and validate all sales employees training through targeted role plays, secret shop results and direct observation of customer interactions.
- Monitor and ensure compliance from all sales employees around completion on-line and manufacter courses and any other training avenues deemed relevant.
Product & Promotions = 5%
- Work in conjunction with the Store Manager regarding research of new product to carry in the stores.
- Work in conjunction with the Store Manager to plan promotional strategies, setup promotions according to Trek’s sales promotion calendar, and monitor promotional ROI.
- Perform other duties as prescribed by management as needed.
Benefits and Compensation:
- $17.00 -$21.00 per hour with paid overtime when required.
- 2 weeks paid Vacation time
- Bonus program for up to an additional 10 % of wage.
- Employee bike and parts purchase program
Skills and Requirements:
- Must possess a positive attitude and customer service focus
- Need to have 5 years bike shop experience.
- Be proficient with computer usage, primarily Windows and internet navigation.
- Capable and comfortable with writing up customer work orders.
- Being able to lift and handle a 60 Lb electric bike.
- Being able and willing to work overtime during the busy winter season and reduced hours in the slower summer season.
- Be an active and engaged bike rider.
- Be a contributor to a positive work environment and have reliable workplace practises.
Full Time Sales and Service – Apprenticeship Program .
We have opportunities in our Palm Desert Bicycle shop. You will need to be interested in participating in a virtual apprenticeship program working 5 days a week 8 hours a day. Our ideal candidate will be a person who has good interpersonal skills, is customer focused and driven, and of course, loves riding bikes. Our hours of operation are from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Sunday.
This position does not require bike repair experience, but you must enjoy working with your hands on mechanical items. Here at Tri.A.Bike, we are more than willing teach you about bikes as long as you bring your mechanical knowledge.
At the start you will be doing deliveries, changing tubes and tires, building up bikes, and other general duties around the shop. You will learn about bikes, and there is a lot more to learn than you can imagine. We will provide you with some online training and send you to seminars once the Covid restrictions are lifted.
Regarding sales, you must have a strong customer focus and a positive attitude. We carry some of the best brands out there and they offer a lot of on-line training to show you how to do it right.
What do we have to offer?
- A lifetime career opportunity with full time hours, but you need to commit to a regular schedule. No night or shift work.
- Competitive wages, paid vacation time, an employee purchase program
- A fun and lively work environment. Bikes are fun, and people who ride them are passionate about what they do. Rumors are the bosses are good, just ask the existing employees.
- You will be required to do moderate lifting.
- Work in a clean, safe, work environment.
- You can leave the job when you walk out the door.
- At Tri.A.abBike we want people to join our community, not just be a customer.